Fire Safety Training
Managing Fire Safety has to be a priority in all places of work and in every home. House fires cause 30 – 40 deaths per year in Ireland with chimneys and cooking being the most common causes of fires in Irish homes.
Many businesses will never recover from the loss of assets and damage to property as a result of a fire in the workplace.
Arson is a major cause of fires in Irish homes and in places of work, a simple Fire Risk Assessment can highlight potential fire hazards such as bad housekeeping which often provides an opportunity for arson.
With fire hazards identified fire prevention controls can be implemented.
MKD Fire Safety Training Course:
This course can be taken in a classroom setting , as an e-learning awareness course with practical assessment to follow, or delivered through video conference with live practical assessment
Relevant to the home, the workplace and any premises, our Fire Safety Course gives trainees the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to deal with fire safely, identify hazards, perform a fire risk assessment and implement fire prevention measures.
Our highly interactive, action learning fire safety course uses video, powerpoint and live demonstrations of fire extinguisher and fire blanket use. The course lasts for 2 ½ – 3 hours depending on trainee numbers.
- What is Fire?
- Managing Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Legislation
- Warning Systems
- Causes of Fire
- Extinguisher use
- Types of Fire and Suitable Extinguishers
- Evacuation Procedures and Emergency Plans
- Practical Fire Extinguisher Demonstration and Assessment
- Written test
- 3 Year Certificate.
Pricing: Zoom Conference
- €50 per trainee, 1-2-1 is fine, same price
- Zoom Conference with practical online or at MKD
- Same day service, Certs issued upon payment
- Practicals with instructor online
Pricing: Onsite Training
- 2 – 7 trainees €50 each
- Class of 10 €350
- Minimum €150 for onsite visit:
- Adequate COVID-19 Prevention Measures must be in place