Abrasive Wheels Training Courses
Abrasive Wheels Safety Awareness
Practical assessments online or onsite
Zoom Conference Course
Practical Assessments online or onsite
Onsite Course with Practical Assessments
If COVID-19 Prevention can be Facilitated
Abrasive Wheels Course
- Duration 2½ – 3 hours depending on numbers
- Certificate vaild for 3 years
- Delivered on your premises or by zoom conference with practical onsite, online or at MKD Kilmoganny.
- Covers all HSA 2016 Abrasive Wheels requirements:
- Correct wheel selection for the task
- Wheel Markings: Use by date, Maximum Speed
- Correct mounting
- Checking wheels for damage
- How to store wheels safely
- Checking machines for speed
- Condition of guards and machine safety
- PPE requirements
- Hot Works
- Abrasive Wheels Regulations 2016
- Types of Abrasive Wheels
- Inspection and Handling
- Hazards, Risks and Controls
- Methods of Marking
- Vitrified Wheel Ring Testing
- Correct Section of Abrasive Wheels
- Correct Mounting of Abrasive Wheels
- Safe Operating of Abrasive Wheels Machines
Abrasive Wheels Regulations 2016
- Must be suitable for the work
- Must have expiry date, speed, restrictions of use
- Must have any other information for safe use.
- Every machine must be marked with speed.
- Properly mounted by authorised personnel.
- Guards must be provided, secured, maintained.
- Enclosed except where required for work.
- Rests must be provided, adjusted & secured.
- Provide flanges where required for safe use.
Pricing: Zoom Conference
- €50 per trainee, 1-2-1 is available – same price
- Zoom Conference with practical online or at MKD
- Same day service, Certs issued upon payment
- Practicals done outside at MKD in the gardens.
Pricing: Onsite/Classroom Training
- 2 – 7 trainees €50 each
- Class of 10 €350
- Minimum €150 for onsite visit:
- Adequate COVID-19 Prevention Measures must be in place