Paediatric First Aid
Our one day Paediatric First Aid course is suitable for parents, childcare professionals and anyone who takes care of infants and children. The course meets the standards required By Tusla under the Childcare Regulations 2016 for First Aid for children, although since January 2018 Tusla reccomend the FAR 3 Day course as this covers both paediatric and workplace first aid. The course can be delivered on-site in any location.
The FAR course however does not include information on:
- Febrile Convulsions
- Sickle Cell Anemia
MKD Health & Safety can deliver this course on a 1-2-1 or group basis,
This is a highly interactive course with skills demonstrations and practical assessments throughout the course.
- Role of the Paediatric First Aider
- Patient Assessment
- Paediatric BLS – Child and Infant CPR
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Minor Injuries
- Common Medical Conditions
- Trauma Emergencies
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- Be able to provide treatment for an injury to child or infant which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Have an understanding of Paediatric Related Injuries & illness
All our Paediatric First Aid tutors are PHECC Registered First Aid Response Instructors.