Fire Warden Course
Fire Prevention, Protection and Fire Warden Duties
When Fire Alarm sounds
- Put on Hi Viz Jacket
- Pick up Emergency Procedures Checklist
- Sweep towards your floors exit
- If possible turn off equipment, close doors/windows
- Check accessible rooms and refuges
- Communicate the need to leave the building
- Check all spaces in your designated area using checklist
- Report to the assembly area
- Debrief meeting after fire
Fire Warden Emergency Role
- Contacting the emergency services
- Tackling a small fire
- Encouraging people to leave the building
- Assisting those in trouble/need assistance
- Isolating services Gas/Electric
- Meeting and directing the emergency services
- Assisting with roll call
- Carrying out a “search and sweep”
Fire Warden Daily Role
- Keep all fire exits clear at all times
- Keep exit routes clear
- Don’t obstruct fire points
- Visually inspect all fire exits daily
- Report any obstruction of fire exits or routes
- Remove without delay any fire obstructions
People who may need assisstance
- Physical disability, wheel chair user, hearing or visually impaired.
- Instruct a support person (Fire Buddy).
- Allow crowds of people to exit the stairway first.
- Do not lift anyone down stairs. (Use an Evac Chair)
- Ensure Fire Warden reports to the Incident Controller the location of occupants remaining on the premises
- Keep the person calm, talk quietly & explain what is happening.
- Report to the checkpoint/assembly Point
Fire Safety Training:
Managing Fire Safety has to be a priority in all places of work and in every home. House fires cause 30 - 40 deaths per year in Ireland with chimneys and cooking being the most common causes of fires in Irish homes. Many businesses will never recover from the loss of assets and damage to property as a result of a fire in the workplace.
Fire Risk Assessment
Arson is a major cause of fires in places of work, a simple Fire Risk Assessment can highlight potential fire hazards such as bad housekeeping which often provides an opportunity for arson. With hazards identified fire prevention controls can be implemented. Relevant to any premises, our Fire Warden/Safety Course gives trainees the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to deal with fire safely, identify hazards, perform a fire risk assessment and put fire prevention measures in place.
All business need to have two fire evacuation drills anually. It is essential all employees know their role in an evacuation, who the fire wardens are and where to go in the event of an emergency.
Our Fire Warden/Fire Safety course :
- What is Fire
- Managing Fire Safety
- Warning Systems
- Causes of Fire
- Extinguisher use
- Types of Fire and suitable Fire Extinguishers
- Evacuation Procedures and Emergency Plans
- Fire Prevention checklist
- Fire Protection checklist
- Practical Fire Extinguisher and Fire Blanket demonstration
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Fire Warden
- Written test
- 3 year certificate for successful trainees