Abrasive Wheels Training - 3 Hour Course 3 Year Certificate
MKD Health & Safety Training can offer businesses and individuals an Abrasive Wheels Training Course anytime that suits your requirements 7 days a week in our Kilkenny Training Room or On-site at your premises. New regulations (2016) are now in place and a legal requirement for use of Abrasive Wheels, details can be found by visiting the HSA website.The Abrasive Wheels Training Course includes: the correct selection of wheels, mounting, dressing and trueing, safe handling and storage, ring test, PPE and disc markings.
Abrasive Wheels Safety Awareness Course
- Duration 3 hours
- Certificate vaild for 3 years
- €60 1-2-1
- Discount for group bookings
- €50 per trainee for group bookings 2 - 6 trainees
- €350 per class 7 - 12 trainees
- €600 per day ( 2 groups up to 12 each group)
- Delivered on your premises or ours.
Covers all HSA 2016 Abrasive Wheels requirements:
Con Saw, Angle Grinder, Bench/Pedastal Grinder
Abrasive Wheels Regulations 2016
- Must be suitable for the work
- Must have expiry date, speed, restrictions of use
- Must have any other information for safe use.
- Every machine must be marked with speed.
- Properly mounted by authorised personnel.
- Guards must be provided, secured, maintained.
- Enclosed except where required for work.
- Rests must be provided, adjusted & secured.
- Provide flanges where required for safe use.
Abrasive Wheels Course Outline
- Abrasive Wheels Regulations 2016
- Types of Abrasive Wheels
- Inspection and Handling
- Hazards, Risks and Controls
- Methods of Marking
- Ring Test
- Correct Section of Abrasive Wheels
- Correct Mounting of Abrasive Wheels